- Scent hound, lyam-hound, lime-hound.
- 'Lyam-hound' and 'lime-hound' derive from the name of the leash, 'lyam', holding these hounds while they were searching for a scent.
Alaunt. [Fernando, ch.43, l.38]
Agreement, pact. [João1, ch.169]
Hawser, rope, cable (for mooring ships).
Jerkin; short sleeveless jacket, usually made of leather, which could be padded for added protection.
- (Btotany) Sycamore tree. [João1, ch.110]
- (Nautical) Board.
- Skullcap. [João1, ch. 141]
- Metal skull protection.
- Alderman. [João1, ch.136]
- Local magistrate.