- Bishop of Oporto (1358?-1372).
- Witnessed the ceremony in Coimbra where the Bishop of Guarda testified that he had married King Pedro of Portugal, while still a prince, to Dona Inês de Castro. [Pedro, ch.28: 40-41]
- Traveled to the Holy Land and to Rome.
- Witnessed King Fernando swearing his pledge on the Treaty of Alcoutim (May 1371) in the presence of the Castilian envoys sent to Portugal by Enrique II.
- Is buried in the chapel of São Pedro de Balsemão, Lamego, the town where he was born.
Dom Affonso bispo do Porto