- Privado, confidential courtier of King Pedro of Portugal. [Pedro, ch. 27: 20]
- He was present when King Pedro swore on the Gospels that he had married Dona Inês de Castro. [Pedro, ch. 27: 19-20]
- Served as officer and royal judge in the government of kings Afonso IV, Pedro and Fernando between 1344 and 1378, and as royal councilor after 1369.
- He participated in at least one royal embassy to Castile in 1372.
- In 1379, together with his wife Maria Domingues, he established an entailment (morgadio) in his properties in the Alentejo.
- Royal documents mention he was already dead in 1381.
- His full name was Afonso Domingues.
Affonso das Leis